Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Western KY

Hello fellow Tear Jerkers! My name is Seth and I am from Western KY. I enjoy building things and have always had an interest in camping and being outdoors. After building cargo vans into campers I stumbled across tear drop trailers and decided to build one to tow behind my Tacoma. I have enjoyed building it and was inspired by several other builds that I saw so I wanted to share mine with you. You can also find a tour on my website www.rubbertramprenegade.com or on youtube by searching "rubbertramprenegade" https://youtu.be/RIdru-DtCWQ

My trailer measures 48 inches wide on the body and around 84 inches long from the nose to the tail of the body. The sleeping floor inside measures around 46x72 if I remember correctly.

I had a friend build the trailer frame for me using 2 inch square tubing and independent timbren axles coupled with idler hubs with the same bolt pattern as my Tacoma.

The body is built with 3/4 inch birch finished plywood with no insulation as I camp in fairly mild climates. The exterior is coated with "poor man's fiberglass" and painted with rustoleum oil based paint.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I look forward to being in this group and meeting like minded individuals.

Seth, welcome to the group. I think you'll find this one big, diverse, uber friendly family. Hopefully this year will be a little closer to normal and gatherings will be in full force.

I'm the director of the Bluegrass Chapter here in Kentucky. We currently have four gatherings planned this year. They can be found in the Bluegrass Chapter forum, be sure to join and follow the chapter so you get updates.

I also encourage following other chapters, those states near you. Tennessee, Illinois and Indiana all have active chapters.

This year is also the bi-annual CRA gathering. A national gathering that takes place every other year in Indiana. This year it's a new venue and will be in September. There's a specific thread in the Hoosier chapter as well as a website.

Again, welcome!

B
    "It's not the years in your life but the life in your years"

Comment

Working...
    X