No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve T.
    replied
    Well done Mark. That is a very good looking teardrop, you should really enjoy traveling with it.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F0614927-7A95-4FAA-890C-8EE646C9440F.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	23006

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    I had planned on camping this weekend but am still rebounding from being sick, so I had to cancel. There is still some detail work to complete but as soon as I am 100% she will be ready to take camping. I appreciate all the positive words of encouragement during the build. This was a really fun project! I am proof that anyone can build a teardrop. The two photos posted above close out my “build journal”. I look forward to seeing you camping!

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Name:	339C8B9A-C437-434E-AA1A-1E3FC418F84E.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	22588 Click image for larger version

Name:	5610C298-A055-458B-83EA-DA8CE8413FA0.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	22589

Leave a comment:

• Nick T
    replied
    This is looking very slick. Good job!
    Thanks for sharing your photos.

Leave a comment:

• Steve T.
    replied
    Lookin good, great work! You will be camping soon.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Name:	76C14B4F-EDA0-4794-808A-7E5DF5F368C9.jpeg
Views:	458
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	21628

Leave a comment:

• SteveC
    replied
    Making some headway.Those factory built doors save alot of time.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve T.
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick T View Post

LOL, I did the same thing. It was looking pretty rough there for awhile (I lost my "guaranteed, had-a-contract" enclosed work space and had to bring the poor very-unfinished, not-that-stable teardrop home and work on it under a tarp in the driveway). But I'd already set a deadline that was approximately nine months in the future---- and I made it. There was an event that I used as a deadline goal, and that really helped me stay focused. LOL, I remember when things were getting down to the wire, time-wise, the weather had not been cooperating (heavy rains!), and I had no shelter to work under. The "workspace" was literally just the tarp that was draped over the teardrop shell. I remember crawling around under the teardrop, in the mud, under the tarp, finishing up the tail lights & signal lights. The teardrop's "maiden voyage" was a 1,000-mile round trip (LOL, didn't even do an around-the-neighborhood drive first), so that was interesting. 🎲
    Good job pushing through the hardship. Once the project is done and being used, all that hard work is worth the reward.

Leave a comment:

• Nick T
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve T. View Post
    You will make it. I did the same with my first teardrop build. Once I knew there was a deadline I saw to it I finished.
    LOL, I did the same thing. It was looking pretty rough there for awhile (I lost my "guaranteed, had-a-contract" enclosed work space and had to bring the poor very-unfinished, not-that-stable teardrop home and work on it under a tarp in the driveway). But I'd already set a deadline that was approximately nine months in the future---- and I made it. There was an event that I used as a deadline goal, and that really helped me stay focused. LOL, I remember when things were getting down to the wire, time-wise, the weather had not been cooperating (heavy rains!), and I had no shelter to work under. The "workspace" was literally just the tarp that was draped over the teardrop shell. I remember crawling around under the teardrop, in the mud, under the tarp, finishing up the tail lights & signal lights. The teardrop's "maiden voyage" was a 1,000-mile round trip (LOL, didn't even do an around-the-neighborhood drive first), so that was interesting. 🎲

Leave a comment:

• Steve T.
    replied
    You will make it. I did the same with my first teardrop build. Once I knew there was a deadline I saw to it I finished.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    Steve - I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I have booked camping reservations for the fall so I have a target date for completion set. Thanks again.
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Steve T.
    replied
    Well done, you are moving along quickly. Setting a goal to finish is a great idea, it keeps you focused.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Name:	1D28915F-1E95-4ADF-807C-6D3FD478ABA8.jpeg
Views:	501
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	21076

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    Hoping to complete the interior ceiling and subsequent insulation within the next week. Setting the goal of being able to camp this autumn.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Name:	BC2520D1-259E-45F2-9D34-EB1D358328D2.jpeg
Views:	547
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	20931

Leave a comment:

• Steve T.
    replied
    Well done, you are moving along quickly.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    Nick - I came across TNTT.com a few months ago. I feel the same way you do, it is an amazing resource. I noticed you are in Raleigh which is just next door, hopefully we’ll have an opportunity to meet at some point. Thanks for commenting on my post.

Leave a comment:

• Nick T
    replied
    Congratulations on getting started!
    My actual build (first/only teardrop) took half a year or so to complete---- it was the "thinking about it"/getting started part that took 20 years.
    You know about this site, right? EXCELLENT source of info.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied
    Steve - thanks for the encouragement. I am enjoying the build process.

Leave a comment:

• teardroptv
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X