Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Chuck Box - Glamping Style

Here is what I just completed today. Of course you can tell I am thinking about camping. It's an all new chuck box, 'glamping style'. A wee bit heavy but it will do the job at the campsite. A lot better than the old crate I used to use that was made out of 3/4 ply. I posted the project on instructable, as it is 12 pages with photos. So if you are interested take a look and let me know what you think. https://www.instructables.com/id/Del...lamping-Style/

Scott and the S.S. PorT@Bella

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpeg
Views:	1403
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	2796

​​​​​​​

Great minds think alike. I built one for those times I camp in the van without the trailer.

Comment

• Zach
      Zach commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good!

Very nice, thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to build one, but so many other projects seem to get in the way. One day!

Comment

I am in the hunt for something like this. I've been leaning towards aluminum simply because I would like to leave it out maybe chained to the picnic table and not have to worry about varmints and weather. Curious how wood will hold up to the weather? Also curious how much heavier wood would be than aluminum? Right now I just have my tubs from my teardrop in the back of my truck that I use. Aluminum is a bit pricey.

Art

Comment

Good point, Art. I would not leave it in the rain although a light shower for a couple of minutes wouldn't hurt. I think I'll just throw a tarp over it if I am away from the campsite. As for varmints, best not to keep any food in it. Salt and pepper doesn't matter, but no food. A strong bungee cord (rubber, not elastic) from one side handle to the other across the face of the box would prevent most raccoons. I leave my cooler out, with just a bungee cord and no problems. As for aluminum, you might find a small used tongue box, turn it on its side and modify. Good luck.

Comment

My build videos.
          #TearDrop Build, MayDay STOL, Stearman Biplanes, Aviation Content, Modlite Racing, HeyBike

Comment

Working...
          X