Click image for larger version

Name:	BCE2B4EF-89A7-4087-B0B6-6DCC46FE9C8C.jpeg
Views:	687
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	19575 Click image for larger version

Name:	BCE2B4EF-89A7-4087-B0B6-6DCC46FE9C8C.jpeg
Views:	1625
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	19574Attached are a few photos to bring you up to date on my progress. I began the build during the first week of March. Please feel free to comment and critique. This is my first build and I am open to all suggestions.

Good start, enjoy the building process, it's a big part of the fun!

Comment

Comment

Steve - thanks for the encouragement. I am enjoying the build process.

Comment

Congratulations on getting started!
          My actual build (first/only teardrop) took half a year or so to complete---- it was the "thinking about it"/getting started part that took 20 years.
          You know about this site, right? EXCELLENT source of info.

Comment

Nick - I came across TNTT.com a few months ago. I feel the same way you do, it is an amazing resource. I noticed you are in Raleigh which is just next door, hopefully we’ll have an opportunity to meet at some point. Thanks for commenting on my post.

Comment

Comment

Well done, you are moving along quickly.

Comment

Name:	BC2520D1-259E-45F2-9D34-EB1D358328D2.jpeg
Views:	534
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	20931

Comment

Hoping to complete the interior ceiling and subsequent insulation within the next week. Setting the goal of being able to camp this autumn.

Comment

Name:	1D28915F-1E95-4ADF-807C-6D3FD478ABA8.jpeg
Views:	487
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	21076

Comment

Well done, you are moving along quickly. Setting a goal to finish is a great idea, it keeps you focused.

Comment

Steve - I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I have booked camping reservations for the fall so I have a target date for completion set. Thanks again.
                          Mark

Comment

You will make it. I did the same with my first teardrop build. Once I knew there was a deadline I saw to it I finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T. View Post
                              You will make it. I did the same with my first teardrop build. Once I knew there was a deadline I saw to it I finished.
                              LOL, I did the same thing. It was looking pretty rough there for awhile (I lost my "guaranteed, had-a-contract" enclosed work space and had to bring the poor very-unfinished, not-that-stable teardrop home and work on it under a tarp in the driveway). But I'd already set a deadline that was approximately nine months in the future---- and I made it. There was an event that I used as a deadline goal, and that really helped me stay focused. LOL, I remember when things were getting down to the wire, time-wise, the weather had not been cooperating (heavy rains!), and I had no shelter to work under. The "workspace" was literally just the tarp that was draped over the teardrop shell. I remember crawling around under the teardrop, in the mud, under the tarp, finishing up the tail lights & signal lights. The teardrop's "maiden voyage" was a 1,000-mile round trip (LOL, didn't even do an around-the-neighborhood drive first), so that was interesting. 🎲

Comment

Originally posted by Nick T View Post

LOL, I did the same thing. It was looking pretty rough there for awhile (I lost my "guaranteed, had-a-contract" enclosed work space and had to bring the poor very-unfinished, not-that-stable teardrop home and work on it under a tarp in the driveway). But I'd already set a deadline that was approximately nine months in the future---- and I made it. There was an event that I used as a deadline goal, and that really helped me stay focused. LOL, I remember when things were getting down to the wire, time-wise, the weather had not been cooperating (heavy rains!), and I had no shelter to work under. The "workspace" was literally just the tarp that was draped over the teardrop shell. I remember crawling around under the teardrop, in the mud, under the tarp, finishing up the tail lights & signal lights. The teardrop's "maiden voyage" was a 1,000-mile round trip (LOL, didn't even do an around-the-neighborhood drive first), so that was interesting. 🎲
                                Good job pushing through the hardship. Once the project is done and being used, all that hard work is worth the reward.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Making some headway.Those factory built doors save alot of time.

Comment

Name:	76C14B4F-EDA0-4794-808A-7E5DF5F368C9.jpeg
Views:	445
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	21628

Comment

Lookin good, great work! You will be camping soon.

Comment

This is looking very slick. Good job!
                                              Thanks for sharing your photos.

Comment

Name:	339C8B9A-C437-434E-AA1A-1E3FC418F84E.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	22588 Click image for larger version

Name:	5610C298-A055-458B-83EA-DA8CE8413FA0.jpeg
Views:	353
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	22589

Comment

I had planned on camping this weekend but am still rebounding from being sick, so I had to cancel. There is still some detail work to complete but as soon as I am 100% she will be ready to take camping. I appreciate all the positive words of encouragement during the build. This was a really fun project! I am proof that anyone can build a teardrop. The two photos posted above close out my “build journal”. I look forward to seeing you camping!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X