Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming Woodie teardrop

Working on my second Wyoming Woodie teardrop. Had a custom built 5 x 8 trailer frame built. 14 in wheels. About ready to go up with the sides. Cabinetry about finished.

looks good, what do you use on the outside to protect the wood?

Comment

it will bw coated with several coats of resin . topped with spar varnish for ultravilot protection. what you see is 3/4 ply with a mahogany veneer. first trailer had 1/4 cedar strips laid on. we'll see how the veneer works

Comment

Looks like a great base for a teardrop... Looking forward to your updates!

Comment

• rherbert
          rherbert commented
          Editing a comment
          Zach, nice job on the new web site. Im slowly getting it figured out. I won't up date ever day. Just when Ive made some progress worth some pictures. The frame is a lot nicer than my first one, This one is much better built. A weld shop down in Texas built it.

Rear cabinets almost finished and on the trailer. Plastic laminate applied in the kitchen area. Turquoise paint for the interior cabinets. Plan to get the walls and front cabinets up tomorrow.

Comment

Got the walls up today. They are attached to the front and rear cabinets. Front cabinets go in tomorrow. Head liner. and cabinet details will be next.

Comment

That is a good looking Teardrop. You are making good progress. Keep it up, spring is coming.

Comment

Finally got the head liner and roof framed up. cabinet trimmed hatch are next.

Comment

hatch is framed up, wiring installed, interior lights installed. lots of small details working on. still have to get the roof on, and build the electrical box up front.

Comment

making progress. insulation installed, roof starting to go on.

Comment

DuckWorks BBS (boatbuilding supplies) sells an epoxy resin/hardener combination that has UV inhibitors in it which w/ the additional coating of UV varnish protects your wood even more

your wood is beautiful and deserves all you can do to protect it ;-)

sw

Comment

Great looking project. I am new to Tearjerkers and planning on building a Teardrop in my backyard shop. I like the lines of your trailer. Are you using online purchased plans?

Comment

look up Wyoming Woodie on line. I assume he still has the plans up. I made paper copies from my first build which I still have. This trailer is complete, and on the road. It been down to Texas and back, as well as a few local camp trips
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X