Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Adapters/Spacers for Subaru Wheels (5x100) on Trailer Hub (5x4.5)

Has anyone else mounted Subaru wheels on their trailer? I'm deep in planning my next teardrop and want to use Subaru wheels (5x100 bolt pattern with 53mm offset). The issue is that 2000lbs trailer hubs are standard 5x4.5" bolt pattern, with a pilot diameter of around 63.5mm (~2.5"). So I need a pair of 5x100 to 5x4.5 wheel hub adapters with minimum 63.5mm center bore.

The last required spec of the adapters is thickness. Since trailer hubs and bearings are designed for 0mm offset wheels, the adapters need to be as close to 53mm thick as possible, to account for the 53mm offset of the Subaru wheel. 50mm seems to be common thickness, and would be close enough. The 3mm difference is pretty negligible for an approximately 800lb trailer on 2000lb bearings.

The thickest adapters that I've come across which meet all the other specs are only 1.25" thick - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AEO7MY/

Click image for larger version  Name:	61kjR0CMqUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	26301

Used 5.5 inch wire wheels on the TD we had and used wheel adapters because the torsion axle came 4.5 inch hubs.I could have swapped the hubs instead.Can you get 5x100 hubs and tweak the axle width?Also
    with the 1930's Ford wheels the center pilot holes weren't even near the hub face size but luckily never caused an issue

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
      Used 5.5 inch wire wheels on the TD we had and used wheel adapters because the torsion axle came 4.5 inch hubs.I could have swapped the hubs instead.Can you get 5x100 hubs and tweak the axle width?Also
      with the 1930's Ford wheels the center pilot holes weren't even near the hub face size but luckily never caused an issue
      I've not ordered the axle yet, so length is flexible. But I've not been able to find any 5x100 hubs either.

Comment

Would this come close to working? ​ Item: THSU150B-LM Found on Trailer R US website
        Looks like an Australian company so do they ship to US?

Comment

Interesting! The bolt pattern is correct. But I don't think those bearings would work on the Dexter 1-1/16" spindle. I'll have to look into the bearing specs a little deeper. Only concern with ordering a hub from Australia would be getting into a bind and needing a quick replacement.

Comment

I think I actually found a company that has what I'm looking for! https://venumwheel.com/collections/5...39576679612494

Comment

Working...
            X